This Privacy Notice describes the way in which we deal with the information and data you share with us in order for us to allow you the registration and participation at conference, congress, meeting or other event (“Event“) you would like to attend, you will be speaking at or you are helping to organise.
We will process your personal data provided to us (whether in person, via our website, the mobile application form or any other means) or otherwise held by us in the manner and for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. Collection and processing of your personal data is conducted in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, in particular, the Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on Protection of Personal Data or legislation that will amend or replace it in the future, e.g. the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Who is the data controller?
The controller of your personal data is Splendid Production s.r.o., having its registered seat at Ciglerova 1082/16, Postal Code 198 00, Prague 9, Czech Republic, Identification No.: 24246719 (“SP” or “we“).
In case of any requests relating to processing of your personal data or in case of exercising your rights set out in the Clause 4 below, please contact us at +420734204334 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com
- What personal data do we collect about you? For what purpose and for how long do we collect it?
We process your personal data (as attendees, abstract authors or co-authors and speakers at the Event) only to the extent determined by the particular services we provide to you or other purposes of processing, namely:
- For the purpose of your registration to and attendance at the Event (including accommodation) as an attendee, we process your personal data in the extent of gender, title, name, surname, nationality, contact details such as address, phone and/or e-mail, birth date, citizenship, degree, education, area of work. You have the option to participate in the Event we are organising but your prior registration is required for your participation and further coordination. Legal basis for such processing is performance of a contract to which you are a party. The personal data will be processed for the period of the duration of the contractual relationship.
- For the purpose of your attendance and active participation (oral or poster) in the Event (including accommodation) as an abstract author or co-author, we process your personal data in the extent of gender, title, name, surname, nationality, contact details such as address, phone and/or e-mail, birth date, education or professional career details, citizenship, degree, education, area of work. You have the option to participate in the Event we are organising but provision of your above mentioned personal data is required for your participation and further coordination. Legal basis for such processing is performance of a contract to which you are a party. The personal data will be processed for the period of the duration of the contractual relationship.
- For the purpose of our cooperation during which you are helping us to organise and coordinate the Event as a coordinator/partner or its employee/co-worker, we process your personal data in the extent of gender, title, name, surname, phone number and/or e-mail. Your personal data are required for our cooperation. Legal basis for such processing is performance of a contract to which you or your employer is a party. The personal data will be processed for the period of the duration of the contractual relationship.
- For the purpose of compliance with obligations laid down by relevant legislation such as Accounting Act or Tax Code (e.g. for financial and invoicing purposes), we process your personal data in the extent of name, surname, address, citizenship, e-mail and/or phone number, payment method details, tax identification. The processing is based on compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject. The personal data will be processed for a period specified by the particular legislation but no longer than 10 years.
- According to Section 7(3) of the Act No. 480/2004 Coll., on Certain Information Services Society, we may contact you by e-mail or telephone for the purposes of promotion of our products and services even without your prior consent. You may however refuse receiving this kind of marketing communications at any time (e. you may opt-out from the database). Details of your electronic contact will be processed for the period of the duration of the contractual relationship unless you opt-out from it.
- For the purpose of ensuring functionality of registration form and our websites, we may process your personal data in the extent of technical cookies, google analytics and related technical data. Legal basis for such processing is performance of the contract (e. provision of the registration services) to which you are a party. The personal data will be processed and stored for a period that is necessary for ensuring functionality of the website (i.e. in a matter of days or weeks, eventually for duration of contractual relationship, if necessary).
- In addition, we need to process and store your personal data in the extent of gender, title, name, surname, contact details such as address, phone and/or e-mail, birth date, citizenship, tax identification for the purpose of potential claims in the future. This processing is based on our legitimate interest or of a third party. The personal data will be processed for the period necessary to fulfil this purpose, however, no longer than for the period of 10 years from the commencement of the statutory limitation period in each particular case.
- Who do we share your personal data with?
Your personal data may be disclosed to reliable third parties that provide us with administrative or technical support, ensure marketing business activity for us, or, i.e. to the data processors.
We may also share your personal data with payment institutions in order to process your payment of the Event fees, with travel and accommodation providers in order to ensure your safe travel and appropriate accommodation during your stay, or with other reliable third parties helping us to organise the Event.
As there might be another organizer in charge of future Event edition, we may share your contact details with such organizer arranging for the Event. You will always have an option to unsubscribe from this contacting.
If required by law, we may share your personal data with government authorities or law enforcement bodies, with external advisors and with other personnel who is subject to confidentiality obligation.
- What are your rights in relation to the processing?
If you grant us your consent to the processing of your personal data, you do so entirely voluntarily, and you have the right to revoke or restrict the consent at any time by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your personal data is processed for the purpose of direct marketing (including profiling) or on the basis of a legitimate interest, you also have the right to object to such processing at any time.
Under certain conditions and circumstances, your other rights include: right to access your personal data, right to have your personal data rectified or erased, right to restrict the processing, right to data portability and right to lodge a complaint against us, as a data controller, with the Data Protection Authority.
- For how long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your personal data for no longer than necessary to fulfil the purpose of the processing in question, i.e. typically for the period of performance of the contractual relationship or for the period explicitly required by the applicable legislation. Where we process your personal data based on your consent, such personal data will only be processed for the duration of the consent which you may revoke or restrict at any time. If you do so, we will stop processing the personal data concerned for the purposes you consented to.
- How do we implement the social media networks features?
Our website may include social media features, such as the Facebook or Twitter buttons. These features may collect certain information about visitors of our website, such as IP address or browsing history and may implement cookies to the browser of the visitors. Please note that processing of the collected data is governed by policies adopted by operators of the social media networks and, therefore, this Privacy Notice does not apply.
- Mobile application
During the Event, you may decide to use a mobile application. The purpose of this application is to provide you with all information in more concise way and always up to date. All users of the application can also communicate together and, if they arrange their settings, they can be even contacted via the app. For downloading the app, you need to provide us with your name and e-mail and you can use the app during the whole event.
- Using of pictures or videos from Events
All photos and/or video records from Events depicting you with your acknowledgment or consent shall be used solely for reporting, documentary or eventually our or our partner’s propagation purposes. You are not entitled to ask any reward for such use. You can revoke your consent anytime, however, if you ask for this without a justifiable reasoning, you are obliged to pay us all damages occurred to us by such withdrawal. In case we would like to make a picture or video exceeding these above mentioned purposes, we will ask you for a separate consent.
- What if there are any changes to the processing?
Any changes we may make to this Privacy Notice in the future will be notified to you through the agreed communication channels. You are however advised to periodically review this Privacy Notice for any changes that might have been made.